Cotter Early Childhood Center

Strong Beginnings 3 year old program at Cotter is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year

We are currently registering for the Strong Beginnings Preschool Program for 3 Year Olds at the Cotter Early Childhood Center for the 2021-2022 school year.

Students must be 3 years old by Dec.1, 2021 to be eligible.

The link to the online application can be found below.  You may fill out the application on your phone so that you can use the camera to photograph the documents that need to be uploaded or you may scan the documents and upload them from a desktop computer.  If you are photographing documents, please remember to take a picture in a well lit room and photograph the entire page of the document.  We will print the photos/scans, they will need to be clear and readable.

We will need the following documents:

  • birth certificate
  • parents driver’s license (if you’ve moved and have an address change label- make sure to include a photo of the sticker on the back of your license)
  • immunization record
  • A current DTE bill (a shut off notice cannot be accepted)
  • 1040 Federal tax form for the 2020 year.  We will need the page that shows lines 1-15 as well as the page that shows all of the dependents claimed on your tax return (if all of the dependents names are not listed on the first page).  If you received unemployment during the 2020 year, you will also need to submit the “Schedule 1” form and be able to tell us how many weeks you claimed unemployment in the 2020 year.  You can check your MiWam account dashboard for this information.

Are you a homeowner or renter?  

  • If you are a homeowner,  you will submit a copy of the certificate of occupancy OR a property tax bill OR the deed to your home.  
  • If you rent,  you will submit a lease and a landlord affidavit form.  The lease you submit must be current, show the signatures of your landlord and yourself and include the address you are renting.  The landlord will need to fill out the landlord affidavit form,  the original form must be submitted for the file.  The Landlord Affidavit form is on our district website under Student enrollment.  If you do not have a printer, you can pick up the form from the school office.
  • If you live with someone, or the home you are living in is under someone else’s name, you will need to visit Student Services to process your residency paperwork.  You may contact them at 313-827-3005.

Please click the link that follows to access the online Strong Beginnings Preschool Application:

If you have any questions please call us at 313-827-6150.