Dear Dearborn GSRP Families,
With the latest COVID-19 pandemic now infiltrating Michigan it is best we stick to the facts and don’t pay attention to all of the “false” news on social media, but instead educate ourselves and parents regarding the science behind the virus. Please access the Wayne County Health Department at the following URL for the most up to date information:
I also want to share the steps that we are continuing to take in each of the GSRP classrooms to support a healthy environment for our students.
- Our custodians will continue to clean and disinfect all surface areas including desks, tables, door handles, and other classroom items.
- We will have teachers serving the food to students during breakfast, lunch and snack. All food will be served by the teacher directly to the student for the time being.
- Students and staff continue to wash hands regularly throughout the day.
Good hygiene practices will help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases. Please follow these recommendations and encourage all family members to do the same.
- Stay home if you are sick, and advise others to do the same.
- Always cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and warm water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The following resources were shared by the district administration team to support parents in discussing COVID-19 with their children. Please click on the links below to review these documents.
The health and safety of our students is always our first priority. We will continue to share information on the school blog as it becomes available. Additional information is also available on the district’s website.